Academic Excellence Freshmen Scholarship
To support Thai and international students with excellent academic performances to pursue their undergraduate education in the international programs, the Faculty of Engineering at KMITL, we offer Academic Scholarships in the form of Tuition Fee waiver. The scholarship will be granted for 1st year students with exceptional academic records and other outstanding achievements such as awards, athletic or musical abilities, language proficiency, and community services.
Two types of scholarships are available.
- Type 1: 100% tuition fee waiver (Full Scholarship)
- Type 2: 50% tuition fee waiver (Half Scholarship)
**The scholarship will be paid in the form of tuition fee waiver only, no payment will be made to the students. **
Scholarship students graduated from the program can pursue their own careers without any obligation. The following guidelines are just the minimum requirements for scholarship applicants, which will be considered along with other academic performances and extracurricular achievements.
Minimum Academic requirement:
- Achieve SAT I General test composite score at least 85 world percentile (about 1280 in 2018).
- Achieve TOEFL score at least 550 (paper), or 213 (CBT), or 79(IBT), or Achieve IELTS score at least 6.0.
Terms and Conditions
The following terms and conditions apply to both types of scholarships
- The student must pursue B.Eng. in an International program at KMITL.
- Transferring to another program or receiving any suspension notice will result in scholarship termination.
- The maximum duration of the scholarship is 1 years (2 regular semesters).
- The student must enroll for at least 15 credits when the semester completes (except for their 4th year of study)
- The student must abide by the university’s rules and regulations.
- The student must be available to assist in the program’s activities or assigned duties.
- The student must participate in external events or designated competitions requested by the program.
- The student must uphold academic integrity and professional ethics. Any reported activities determined by the program committee as academic dishonesty, criminal, or lack of professional ethics will result in scholarship termination.
- The scholarship will be granted in the form of tuition fee waiver (or appropriate refund) only, no cash or check payment will be made to the student.
- Scholarship recipients whose the scholarship terms have been terminated by the following conditions do not have to pay back the scholarship back to KMITL:
- Graduation from the program
- Determined as unfit to pursue the study due to serious mental condition, health condition, and/or disabilities. The conditions must be accompanied by a medical certificate.
- Scholarship recipients whose the scholarship terms have been terminated by the following conditions must pay the waived tuition fee back to KMITL if scholarship recipients exhibited inappropriate behaviors and expelled from the institution.
King Mongkut’s Institute of Technology Ladkrabang
No.1, Soi Chalong Krung 1, Chalong Krung Road, Ladkrabang , Ladkrabang district, Bangkok 10520
(+66) 02-3298000 #5045